Cancer Education Center tries to do perform a role in as well-being navigator improving quality of life for cancer patients through providing appropriate information,educational, psychosocial support and counseling. Cancer Education Center is operating aimed at providing reliable cancer information on scientific basis, education materials angled towards cancer patients and education program to increase treatment’s effectiveness and to support healthy living.
1. Providing Best Cancer Information Services
- We provide materials collected by clippings from major daily newspapers, magazines and monitoring major broadcasting programs in terms of cancer.
- We provide books containing cancer information for public reading.
- We provide video clips related to cancer for public watching.
2. Developing Cancer Education Contents
- We develop and provide education contents related to cancer in accordance with specific target and age such as patients, family of patients and local communities etc.
- We provide free booklet and leaflet on information of various cancer and life guide after taking treatment.
3. Providing Comprehensive Cancer Education Programs for patients and family of patients.
We try to maximize the effect of treatments and improve the quality of life by implementing group education to provide the appropriate information and psychosocial support so that we can make patients and their families adapt to cancer and deal with treatments.
- Education Programs is divided into 3 types of Categories 1st, Education to understand treatments, 2nd, to manage symptoms, and 3rd, to psychosocial support.
This program is operating by talent donation from experts and volunteers in each field.
- The Programs are open free to someone who is patient or family member of patient visiting Samsung Medical Center.
4. Nurse Specialist Counseling Service
- Oncology nurse specialist directly provides personalized care education related to cancer.
- Available counseling topics are such things as 7 items to know when you are diagnosed with cancer, 7 items to know when you start to treat cancer, Personal grooming for cancer patient(Hair loss, Skin Changes, External Breast Prosthesis), Distress Management, Life guide after receiving cancer treatments, and Symptom Management etc.
We provide the information, education and counseling services in terms of various health problems incurred during journey of cancer treatments.
- We promote the improvement of quality of life through psychosocial support for cancer patients.
- We provide the information, education and counseling services for health care after receiving cancer treatments.
- We provide the helpful information, education and counseling services not only for cancer patients but family member of patients.
- We provide the information and education which are suitable for journey of personal treatment.
A Recent Study on Quality of Life aimed at Cancer Patients in Cancer Education Center
A Study on Evaluation of Education Program in Cancer Education Center
- A Survey Study on Distress aimed at First Visit Outpatients
- A Study on Evaluating the Effect of Ultra-Moisturizing Cream to reduce skin dryness caused by Anti-cancer Treatments aimed at Breast Cancer Patients :
Intervention for Randomized Controlled Trials Objectives
- A Survey Study on Quality of Life aimed at Lymphoma Patients
- A Survey Study on Quality of Life aimed at Multiple Myeloma Patients
- A Survey Study on Sexual Life aimed at Bone Marrow Transplantation Patients
- A Survey Study on Wearable Device Reinforcing Effect aimed at Breast Cancer Patients : Intervention for Randomized Controlled Trials Objectives
- A Study on Evaluation of Education Program Effect to improve Body Image and Self-Esteem aimed at Breast Cancer Patients