Billing Process for an International Medical Insurance Holder
- Request an Appointment
- Contact your insurance
- Your insurance sends us the guarantee
NoYou will need to pay upfront and submit the bill for reimbursement yourself.
YesYou pay your deductible, coinsurance and/or copayWe bill your insuranceYour insurance will pay us
Payment for outpatient service should be made at the International Health Services after consulting with your nurse.
Payment for inpatient service can be made at different payment desks in several locations. When your bill is finalized, your nurse will direct you to the nearest payment desk.
For inpatient treatment, we ask that you make a 90% deposit of the estimated cost. We will inform you every 7 days of your balance. Once your deposit is used up, we will ask you to make additional payment to avoid haaving to settle a large sum at the time of discharge.
Payment for emergency room visit is made separately at the payment/reception desk in the emergency room.
We accept cash(Korean Won only) and international credit card(AMEX, MASTER, VISA, etc.) To exchange your local currency to Korean Won, Shinhan Bank is located at B1 of main building and cancer center. They are open 9am ~ 4pm.
Direct Billing Services
Samsung Medical Center currently has contracts with the following insurance companies and organizations to offer patients convenient, cashless services.
How to Request Guarantee
- For Outpatient Visit
- Contact their customer services via phone or e-mail. Then, inform your appointment along with the date of service, diagnosis or symptom, types of procedure/treatment. Most insurance companies require guarantee for every single visit. We highly recommend that you call your insurance company rather than e-mailing them because, from our experience, the turn-around time for e-mail is very long.
- If we, International Health Services, do not receive an accurate guarantee in time for your appointment, you will need to pay upfront and submit the bill to your insurance for reimbursement.
- For Inpatient Services
- You do not need to contact your insurance company. We will directly contact your insurance to inform the accurate diagnosis and types of procedure or surgery with the expected length of stay for you. You should consult with our adminis- trative staff before the date of admission.
Inpatient & Outpatient
- CIGNA International Expatriate Benefits : 1-382-797-3100
- MetLife Expatriate Benefits: 1-382-2-661-8674
- HTH Worldwide & Geoblue: 1-610-254-8771
- Calvo’s Select Care: 1-671-479-7995
- Foreign Service Benefit Plan (FSBP): www.afspa.org
- GMC EUROPE: www.henner.com
- GBG Tiecare : www.gbg.com/tiecare
- AETNA GLOBAL BENEFITS: 1-813-775- 0190
- United Healthcare Global: 1-763-274-7362
- Bupa International: +44-1273-333911
- TakeCare: 671-646-6956
- MSH China: 86-21-6187-0323
- Vanbreda International: 603-2178-0550
- Seven Corners: 1-317-818-2808
- Daman: +971-2-6149555
- Tricare(International SOS): 080-429-0880
- Europ Assistance : +7 495 787 2178
- EUROCENTER :+66 26 96 36 26/26 96 36 27
- EAJ (Emergency Assistance Japan): (65)6732-5810
- International SOS: +27 11 541 1000 4232
- GAP(Global Assistance Partners) : +82-2-723-8839
- DOH(Department of Health)
- UAE Armed Forces