The PREVENTION AND REHABILITATION CENTER delivers exceptional diagnosis and treatment services to reduce the future occurrence of disease in patients and to enhance quality of life. We accomplish this through close cooperation among the departments of rehabilitation medicine, cardiology, neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, and vascular surgery
Major areas of treatment
Rehabilitation of patients with cardiac and cerebrovascular diseases
1. Brain Neurologic Rehabilitation Clinic
Our clinic manages dysesthesia due to stroke, brain damage, brain tumors, and degenerative brain diseases, motor paralysis, ataxia, speech dysfunctions, memory and cognitive dysfunctions, dysphagia, vascular dementia and central pain.
2. Vascular Cognitive Dysfunction Clinic
After a stroke, our clinic performs diagnosis and rehabilitation of decreased cognitive function, including memory, concentration, executive abilities, and behavioral symptoms.
3. Noninvasive Brain Stimulation Treatment Clinic
Our clinic manages motor paralysis, memory and cognitive dysfunctions, speech dysfunctions, and central pain due to stroke, brain damage, and degenerative brain diseases.
4. Muscular Rigidity Clinic
- Administers comprehensive rehabilitation programs including early and intensive rehabilitation for recovery and enhancement of function in stroke victims.
- Manages cardiac rehabilitation programs for recovery and enhancement of function in patients with heart diseases.
- Runs a world-renowned noninvasive brain stimulation treatment clinic.
- Provides preventive treatment to lower the risk of occurrence and recurrence of cardiac cerebrovascular diseases by managing risk factors such as hypertension and dyslipidemia.
- Educates patients to help them maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Motor, sensory, cognition, and speech tests
- Cranial nerve function test – Motor evoked potential test, sensory evoked potential test
- Cardiovascular physiological testing – Expired gas analysis treadmill test, 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Radiological tests – Ultrasonography, computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Laboratory medicine test – Genetic analysis
Latest treatment methods
- Vascular cognitive dysfunction clinic
- Robotic ambulatory rehabilitation treatment
- Noninvasive brain stimulation treatment
- Muscular rigidity clinic using Botulinum toxin injections
- Integrated evaluation/management of overall cardiovascular risk factors such as hypertension and dyslipidemia
Recent trends in clinical research
- Application of multilevel, multimodal noninvasive brain stimulation
- Development of ambulatory support robots
- Development of alternative cardiac rehabilitation programs fit for Koreans
- Development of risk evaluation tools for cardiovascular diseases