Medical Student Clinical Elective
This Clinical Elective Program is for international students attending medical schools outside Korea to do clinical electives at Samsung Medical Center. Approval to this program is highly competitive. The International Training Office does not guarantee that elective slots will be available on the designated dates. Student should be enrolled at a medical degree-granting institution. Medical Student Clinical Electives are usually for one month and should not last longer than 90days.
- One who is currently attending a UME course in a foreign medical school.
One who is capable of communicating in Korean or English.
- Minimum English qualifications [TOEFL(PBT 507/CBT180/IBT64) ; TOEIC(600) ; IELTS(5.5) ; TOEIC Speaking 6(130~150)]
- Conditions for exemption
· Native English speakers
· Applicants with undergraduate/graduate degrees from institutions where the medium of instruction is in English.
· Applicants working in English speaking environment
When to apply
- By 10th of Every Month
(minimum 4~5 months prior to commencing training)
- The application evaluation takes up to 2 months. The applicant will be notified in writing of either acceptance or denial of the application.
- Applicants who require a visa to visit SMC must take this into consideration when applying and choose dates that provide enough time to obtain a visa before the intended visit. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that there is enough time to organize their travel and visa before the planned visit.
- Application/Recommendation Form
- Consent to Collection & Use of Personal Information
- Motivation letter (free style)
- Transcription of records
- Copy of Passport
- Physician's statement (within 2 months before starting the training)
Photo of 3.5 * 4.5cm size taken within last 6 months (colour-scanned)
* Please note
- All required documents must be originals in English or notarized translations into English.
Please submit all documents as a single PDF file
(File name: First name_Last name_Country_Applying Department)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.