1. In order to prevent in-hospital COVID-19 transmission, we are asking for cooperation from all visitors to the hospital. All visitors will require screening for COVID-19 related symptoms and for travel history to places where confirmed COVID-19 cases have been reported and/or to overseas, as listed below :
- Covid-19 symptoms such as fever and/or cold symptoms (cough, sputum, sore throat, runny nose, muscle pain, lack of smell and taste, etc.)
- Overseas travel history in the last two weeks
- Traveled to places reported to have confirmed COVID-19 cases.
2. We recommend visiting our hospital after 3 weeks from your arrival date if you have traveled overseas. However, if you need to see a doctor after 2 weeks but less than 3 weeks from your arrival date or need a consultation for cold and/or respiratory symptoms, you are required to submit a COVID-19 PCR test result taken 3 days before your appointment date.
3. In order to prevent the spread of infectious diseases, only the individuals wearing a mask can enter the hospital.
4. SMC is allowing only one (1) designated caregiver to stay with the patient and visitors are restricted during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, if you are the designated caregiver but any of the three categories above apply to you, you cannot enter the hospital.
5. The Central Disaster and Safety Countermeasures Headquarters (CDSCHQ)’s social distancing policy has made registering your basic information with the hospital mandatory. All visitors are required to answer the screening questions by accessing the URL sent to the mobile phone registered in the hospital system one day prior to the appointment day, or you can receive your QR entrance pass through the Kiosk machine at the hospital gate on the day of appointment.
* How to receive a QR entrance pass at SMC:
SMC will take all necessary actions to ensure that every patient receives the best medical treatment in the safest environment.