HVS Imaging Center
SMC’s HVS Imaging Center opened in September 2009 and operates in collaboration with the Mayo Clinic. This center is composed of doctors from the departments of cardiac surgery, cardiology, pediatric cardiology, radiology and vascular surgery, and they provide patients with top-class diagnosis and treatment services. Every day, we analyze cardiovascular images and create integrated treatment plans to change how the world treats heart disease.
Major areas of treatment
Specialties: cardiovascular imaging, cerebrovascular imaging
1. One-day Examinations
- Our one-day examination system ensures patients with cardiac diseases are seen more promptly and accurately.
- State-of-the-art CT, MRI and echocardiographic imaging ensures better diagnoses.
- Faculty decide the care plan without requiring the patient to be hospitalized or return.
2. Comprehensive care
- Faculty from relevant departments participate in post-treatment care for the patient. These departments includecardiology, pediatric cardiology, radiology, thoracic surgery and vascular surgery.
- Faculty analyze, diagnose and establish comprehensive care plans daily to improve existing diagnosis and care methods.
- Establishes diagnosis and treatment plans for complex cardiovascular diseases.
- First imaging center in Asia to cooperate with the Mayo Clinic.
- Provides early screening for cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, and also provides specialized tests for rare heart and brain diseases.
- Quick confirmation of diagnosis thanks to a one-day diagnostic process.
- Provides accurate diagnosis through cutting-edge imaging.
- Concurrent advanced and internationalized global studies.
Our center is equipped with high-tech facilities, including the 128-slice dual-source CT, which is capable of taking one cardiovascular images per second, while using a small amount of radiation (maximum 1 mSv), making the treatment extremely safe and effective. With the advanced equipment and resources of our echocardiographic imaging department, we have been able to increase the accuracy and speed of diagnosis. We have also installed an MRI device exclusively for the heart. With this advanced equipment, we are now able to diagnose our patients more accurately and more quickly. The following is a list of some of our other diagnostic tools:
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Stress echocardiography
- Computerized tomography (CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
Recent trends in clinical research
Collaborating with the Mayo Clinic has made SMC’s Heart Vascular Stroke Institute Asia's international hub in the field of Heart Vascular Stroke Institute care.